A step towards a new era
Say It Global Translations fully understands, from personal experience and extensive interaction with fellow linguists, how difficult the language industry is today. It is clear that the labour market is extremely challenging, very often underpaid, undervalued, disconnected and insecure.
As part of our research into the above, we run a poll through which we raised the issues our linguists are facing as language experts in today’s climate.
The results of this extensive research have led to SIG’s decision to create a new membership community for linguists and clients which aims both:
to readdress all of these issues and be a leverage for change.
to offer a superb one-stop hub serving all the needs of language lovers and linguists across the board.
We are therefore inviting you to be part of this important and exciting venture – a one-stop platform and a safe and supportive hub which will provide a wide range of services, such as professional resources, learning tools, networking options, events, writing opportunities, workshops and work projects.
What are the benefits for our members?
- Our followers and interested parties will have the opportunity to provide or present their own content through our platform – it might be to run an online workshop, give a presentation or talk on any subject relevant to language industry –, provide exclusive videos or worksheets, write articles and blogs, tell personal stories to propel change, introduce their own native language, run advice, sessions etc.
- Members will have the option to create their own profiles, interact with other members, get updated with latest news, promote their work, apply and offer job opportunities/collaborations and exchange work amongst the community.
About our community site
Our business model and ethical convictions are at the heart of all we do. As a profit-for-purpose language services company, we are committed to using surplus profits to help good causes – social programmes, animal shelters, environmental initiatives and so on.
Our community site will be membership-based and its ongoing purpose will therefore be to:
- protect, assist and value professional linguists
- help members feel part of a safe and supportive community
- fight for fairer remuneration and regulatory change in the industry
- create a flexible community hub of linguists (students, professionals, educational establishments and clients requiring language services)
- ensure linguists receive fair remuneration from SIG, wherever they are in the world
- offer a first-class service to clients
- provide job opportunities and training
- offer resources, advice and learning tools
- offer a forum through which members can network, share opinions and discuss current issues and trends within the language industry
- offer paid work experience for undergraduates and graduates
- engage with companies, clients and interested parties to promote, market and supply relevant content to our members (in the form of events, information, workshops, exclusive insights and educational tools, along with work projects and linguist collaboration)
- run regular social events
- introductory sessions to unusual languages and language/translation learning
- engage with all members to support our social initiatives
- provide a regular newsletter and blog
- offer writing opportunities
- support good causes, social initiatives, charities and NGOs globally
Such a community site will be truly unique in the language field and it will act as a vehicle for everyone to access all of the above. It will be a highly effective and user-friendly platform with which we can achieve our many goals for the benefit of all.
We are moving forward, stronger than ever, and we are working tirelessly to transform the linguistic landscape while contributing in many ways to numerous good causes across the globe.
Keep an eye on our pages to get the latest updates!
We look forward to welcoming you onboard.
The team at Say It Global Translations